Sunday 24 June 2012

Vintage Books- Day Dreaming

Here are a few books I picked up from my parents' block garage sale this weekend!

I absolutely love Vintage books, especially this CLASSIC Better Homes & Gardens cook book!
I dream about all of the amazing recipes that have been made from it and the social times that go along with. Family dinners,ladies luncheons, afternoon tea desserts, fresh baked goodies for school, holiday meals !! Looks like it's from the '50's, so you can only imagine the amount of fun times it's seen and I'm sure even some not so fun ones ;)

Also the copy of Black Beauty with its dog chewed edges is from 1963, that's almost 50 years of being read, I wonder how many times a child has picked up this book and been completely enthralled by this gripping and absolutely classic story :)

No comments:

Post a Comment