Saturday 9 June 2012

Kitchen Essentials- Stocking up



http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/01/stocking-up/


Like many people, I'm sure,  I can not resist a good deal.  So when there is a "dollar days" or case lot sale at the local grocer I am ALL over it.  I live in a condo so my storage space for some of these items is limited but I keep most of these things in the cupboard on a regular basis. 

I find this list is also helpful for those people who tend to OVER buy things at their case lot sales...  Some things just never get used and go stale before they can be used if you purchase too many.  Try to keep quantities down so that you don't end up with enough to feed 4 families through a natural disaster. 

The website The Pioneer Woman is one of my favourites!  I've tried numerous recipes from her and they are ALWAYS delicious.  Her kitchen is absolutely fabulous, the layout, her countertop surfaces, cabinetry materials all of it.  If I could morph in to her for awhile I would definitely try it out!  To cook in her kitchen with her would be a dream for me! 

Here is her list of essentail items to have in your pantry, fridge and freezer so that you can make almost any meal anytime and always have the ingredients for mouth watering tantalizing menu items! 

Enjoy!

Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment