Wednesday 9 May 2012

Aha!  This evenings line up.  Pesto Bow Tie Pasta with Basil Chicken Sausage and roasted veggy along side mouth watering Bruschetta! We ate so much Bruschetta the bow tie pasta ended up being the side!                                                               

To start peel and mince approx 4 cloves of garlic.  Toast them in 2 TBSP of Olive Oil.

You want them to get golden brown like this.  These are very easy to burn so watch carefully!  It is better to take them out just before they are golden if you are worried about over cooking them. 

Once you have them nicely toasted put them in the bowl you intend on using for your Bruschetta.  They will need to cool for a bit before mixing with everything else.

While you are waiting for the garlic to cool,  you can chop your Cherry Tomatoes.  If it is the right time of year and they are available, I like to use 1 basket of Red Cherry Tomatoes and 1 basket of Yellow Cherry tomatoes to add colour and drama!  You will need 2 baskets total. Today I was stuck with 2 baskets of Red.

Next take 8-10 FRESH Basil leaves and roll together like so!

Then finely chop them, this is what they will look like:)  If you're like me,  after everything was made I added another bunch of basil, I just couldn't get enough of the sweetness.

Now, in your big bruschetta bowl which has your cooled garlic,  add your chopped tomatoes and basil.

Add some fresh ground pepper and salt to taste.  Usually LOTS  is best.  :)

Once that is mixed together you will want to add a dash + pour of balsamic vinegar.  I used approx 3/4 cup total,  but this could be less or more. Can you tell I don't like to follow recipes and prefer being creative in my cooking?  I always believe as with anything, you should follow your gut instincts while cooking.  :)  Mix together, there will be a pool of vinegar at the bottom of the bowl.  This is ok:)  Continue to stir and marinate in the balsamic until you are ready to serve.  The longer it can marinate the better;) 

Now in the same pan your browned the garlic, add a dollup of butter and grill some thinly sliced baguette.  Make sure to grill both sides until lightly brown and toasty.

Now pile on the Bruschetta!  This is so fresh and delicious.

I served this Bruschetta with a Bow Tie pasta.  If you're interested in that recipe, email me carriemills@me.com  I'd be happy to share it with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment